Hello there! Happy Tuesday! Thanksgiving is just 2 days away and my brain has been buzzing on all of the different kinds of things that I can whip up and bring to the holiday gathering. I love this time of year with all of the different festive events, decorations and extra family and friends time.
With these specific times of year making my creative thoughts flow extra strong, I seem to get more interesting with recipes I’ve been making for some time in my queue. A couple weeks ago, I jazzed up my Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe. It’s a great alternative to your typical fried rice dish, with white or brown rice (or another rice of your choice). It allows the dish to be lower in carbohydrates, fits into a Paleo regimen if that’s your gig, your grain-free, or you just don’t like rice 😀 LOL!
Like I said, I’ve been making this recipe for a long time now, and it is on the recipe circuit everywhere with fellow health, wellness, clean-eating foodie bloggers, however the other night I amped up the recipe, and created it into a veggie bombastic cauli rice, and I HAD to share (although not really Thanksgiving-y 😀 ). This can be a a side dish or a main dish. You can also make it NON-vegetarian and NON-vegan, if you like, by adding a protein of your choice, ideally the protein being already cooked, however. Check it out!
- ½ large head of Cauliflower – made into a rice consistency in a food processor
- From the above process, it should make about 2 cups Cauliflower “Rice”
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Carrots, chopped
- ½ Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Green Onion, chopped
- 6 White Mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup Green Beans, snipped into smaller pieces (string, fresh)
- ½ cup Broccoli, snipped into small florets
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 whole Egg
- Tamari (gluten-free), to taste OR Coconut Aminos
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
NOTE: To create cauliflower “rice” – take head of cauliflower, chop roughly into florets, place in food processor and pulse until it takes on a rice consistency:
- In a large skillet, sauté the garlic and onion in coconut oil, over medium heat
- Add in the carrots and a tiny splash of water to prevent sticking, and cook for 3 minutes
- Add the mushrooms, green beans and broccoli, and cook for another 2 minutes
- Add the green onion and egg, which will start to cook quickly
- Add in the cauliflower rice, along with a splash of tamari or coconut aminos, salt and pepper
- Stir to combine and heat through, about 3-5 minutes
- Adjust the seasonings to taste, then serve
**Putting a TWIST on the DISH:
- If you HAVE to have some protein, you can add cooked turkey, chicken, etc. which you can whip up on the stove in a cast iron while fixing your cauliflower rice dish.
- Some additional seasonings that have been WONDERFUL to add is curry and turmeric, both of which have amazing health benefits. Look here http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/8-impressive-health-benefits-turmeric/ and here http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/turmeric-and-curcumin-benefits/
Print Recipe: veggie-bomb-cauliflower-fried-rice